A Dumping Ground For Good Ideas!

Everything That Makes A House A Home!




Thursday, June 26, 2014

Yummy Shrimp Tostadas For Dinner!

Shrimp Tostadas
What's For Dinner?!
I get tired of making the same thing over and over again and I really like quick meals to feed my hungry troops during the week. My husband loves burrito night with beans and meat and sauteed onions, bell peppers and avocado and sour cream and salsa... yum!

But one night I wanted to try a variation.

Yummy Shrimp Tostadas! mmmmmm! I want to eat it again right now! It was so good drizzled with fresh lime juice!

This is how I made them:
I fried my own corn tortillas at medium high heat in canola oil for 1-2 minutes on each side (I filled a large frying pan halfway full of oil and cooked two at a time.) Until they get crsipy. But you can also buy premade crispy tortillas at the store.

I also bout shrimp that had already been cooked. It said to thaw them slowly but I just threw them in a skillet and sauteed them with olive oil, lemon and lime juice and garlic powder until they were warmed up. I took the tails off and they were soooooo good!

I warmed up some refried beans and diced some white onion, bunching onion, cilantro, lettuce and tomatoe, slapped it all together, drissled some fresh lime juice on top and....it was a beautiful moment for my tastebuds. 

So your shopping list might look like this:
Corn Tortillas (and canola oil to cook them in) or Premade Tostada Shells
1 Bag of Precooked Shrimp (or uncooked if you know what you are doing)
1 Can of Refried beans
tomatoes
Bunching onions
1 white onion
Cilantro
lettuce
Lemon and Lime or the Concentrated Juice

This would probably make 6-8. Possibly more. I don't measure... I just do.


 Yum! I need to go make these again right now!
Enjoy your dinner!
xoxo,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment