A Dumping Ground For Good Ideas!

Everything That Makes A House A Home!




Thursday, February 9, 2012

Show And Tell . . . This is what I Made Today

Occasionally miracles happen. My two youngest took a nap at the same time. For a long time. Which was oh, so wonderful because I've been feeling the creative itch. I've been wanting to make a bib necklace and I have been inspired by some nontraditional color combos as of late. So this is what I came up with: Red, yellow, aqua, black and white


Black, Aqua, hot pink and Russian Lace with decorative buttons on a black stretch lace:



Red, Aqua, bright yellow, light pink with russian lace and a brown bow and a decorative white ribbon secured onto an elastic piece.

Bib necklace upclose

I kind of made up the pattern for the bib necklace as I went along. I used rolled flowers and flowers that I burnt the edges on, some tulle with burnt edges and I hot glued them onto a felt "u" shaped strip using ribbon as the chain to wrap around my neck. I also used buttons and a brad as accents. Find a tutorial here.

Pink, Aqua and black, decorative buttons, sequins and Russian lace




I hope you feel inspired. Oh! By the way, I noticed that Persnickety Clothing is selling their Spring/Summer Line for 65% off right now. I love the clothes but hate the prices, so this might be your chance to get a deal!
Happy Crafting!
XOXO,
Amy

1 comment: