A Dumping Ground For Good Ideas!

Everything That Makes A House A Home!




Monday, July 30, 2012

Activity for Kids: Cheap, Easy, Fun!

My two year old is SO hard to entertain. She just really isn't into anything, accept making a mess. But this little activity did the trick! It actually held her attention! She wanted to do it again and again! This really is so much fun! best thing about it is that you most likely already have everything you need to do it in your kitchen!
 I found it on Pinterest, but it doesn't have a link, so if you know where it came from let me know so that I can give proper credit! This is what you need:
*Vinegar *Food Coloring* Baking Soda* Medicine Dropper

 Cover the floor of a casserole dish with baking soda. In a separate bowl mix vinegar and food coloring. You don't have to measure. It will all work out just fine. Fill your medicine dropper with the vinegar and food coloring mixture and drop it on the baking soda. It fizzles up really big and then settles into little colored polka dots.

This is Raia with her baby sitter Kaci who has been helping us since I have been injured. Even Kaci and I were entertained!
Make sure you have plenty of baking soda because if your kidsa re anything like mine, they will want to do it again and again. My nine year saw these pictures while I was posting and she wants to do it now too.
 It may be perfect for all ages!
I hope you try it and let me know how it turned out for you! I'd love to have you become a follower as well. It would make my day!

Thanks!
Have a great day!
XOXO,
 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment