A Dumping Ground For Good Ideas!

Everything That Makes A House A Home!




Thursday, August 25, 2011

Make Your Own Chalk Board

** Become a follower and be entered to win a headband as soon at we hit the 50 follower mark!


___________________________






Maybe it is because school starts in a few days . . . Maybe it is because I, myself, am a former teacher . . .but for some reason I was thinking about


chalkboards.


As a kid, I always wanted to be the one who got to go outside and smack the erasers


together in an attempt to clean them.


As a teacher myself, I just wanted a white board.


But TODAY, I wanted to make myself a chalkboard!


You wanna make one too?
You only need a few things:
I used a glass frame that I got on clearance years ago from Walmart. I took the back of mine off because this frame used to have a vinyl message on it. So really it is being repurposed. You should keep the back of your frame in tact.
Chalkboard Paint
Paint Brush




I didn't really like using these craft brushes, but at the moment it was all I had. I applied two coats and let them dry completely between each coat. I wish I would have added a third coat so it may be in your best interest to do so.


In any case follow the directions on your chalkboard paint label.


This is what it looks like after the first coat.


It won't be too long before you have a product that looks like this . . .



And you can use it for all sorts of things like this:



or this



or something really cute like this:




or this:





or this:

The possibilities are endless!


Happy Crafting!


xoxo,



P.S. To see more of the Johnson Photo Shoot by Yours Truly,

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment