A Dumping Ground For Good Ideas!

Everything That Makes A House A Home!




Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Strawberry Red Onion and Spinach With Poppy Seed Dressing

What a treat for the taste buds! I made a huge batch of this salad and have eaten some everyday for a week! And I still want more!

I was lucky enough to zip into California for a weekend to attend a family event. A family dinner was served and this delicious salad was on the menu. YOU MUST TRY THIS, if you haven't already! Plus I am so proud of myself because I had never made homemade dressing until this day (other than the packages of Ranch Salad Dressing that you mix with mayo or sour cream, but I don't think that counts).
Strawberry Red Onion and Spinach With Poppy Seed Dressing RecipeIngredients:
 

Salad Dressing * Edited* New Recipe that I like better!!!3/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
3 teaspoons ground mustard
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil

Salad1 pint fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved (or fourths if they are large)
1/2 of a small red onions, sliced and cut thin
A fresh bunch of spinach and romaine lettuce, washed and dried.
8 oz crumbled Feta Cheese


Directions:

Salad Dressing: In small glass bowl, combine the salad dressing ingredients. Blend thoroughly and set aside. Best prepared 1 hour in advance of serving but I only gave it 20 minutes and it was fine.

Salad: To assemble salads, pull stems of off spinach if desired, tear apart romaine leaves into bite size pieces. In serving bowl alternate layers of lettuce and spinach with strawberries, red onions and Feta cheese ending with strawberries, red onion and Feta on the top. Whisk dressing before serving, serve on the side and prepare to enjoy!

Happy Eating!
xoxo,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment