A Dumping Ground For Good Ideas!

Everything That Makes A House A Home!




Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Evening Ramblings

Once a month in our church we have what is called a fast and testimony meeting. People are encouraged to fast for at least 2 meals & then some members of the congregation will share their testimonies about gospel principles and things that they are thankful for. Today I was so overcome by an event that happened this week that I shared mine; I am still feeling overcome by it and wanted to share it here too. Here is what I shared:

 
The hubby and I have been praying a lot for opportunities to serve and be more charitable because we both feel like it will help us to become better people all around. 

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by a mom who wanted some information about Booty Buns Cloth Diapers, so I gave it to her.She mentioned that her daughter was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy {SMA}, and will need to be in diapers for the rest of her life; so, she was looking for a diaper that  would have lots of room to grow.

After I emailed her I had this overwhelming feeling that her email was an answer to our prayers for opportunities to serve. So I emailed her back and told her that I would love to share an amazing idea I had with her and that I would love to speak to her over the phone.

We were able to speak and it turns out that she lives in Orange County too! We made plans to meet up and take some pictures of her and her daughter with their new lifetime supply of diapers.

 Let me tell you, I have been strengthened so much through meeting this amazing mommy and daughter combo! The mommy is so in tune with her daughter's every need, she really is the guardian angel known as Mommy. The baby is 2 1/2 years and can say a few words, but most of their communication is through facial movements and a mother's intuition. It really was an amazing thing to watch. The mommy told us that when her daughter was first diagnosed, she felt like her whole world was turned upside down; but, now she can say that she wouldn't change one thing about their life & cherishes every minute that her little miracle is still here. *WOW* She is such a great example of faith, strength and determination!

Even though she has told me that she doesn't know how to say thank you enough for our service to her, I have been feeling more and more like I don't know how to thank her enough for the testimony building spiritual experience that was afforded to Sean & I through meeting the two of them. 

I know that Heavenly Father is real and knows me & loves me personally; but, this experience has really reminded me that not only does He know me individually, He knows exactly what trials I am capable of handling and He knows exactly what blessings I am capable of handling as well. I am so thankful that he doesn't give me trials that I can't handle & that everything I have been through has brought me closer to Him. 

I am grateful for the people that He has brought in to my life to teach me all the wonderful lessons that I have learned. I am so thankful for this mom who reached out to me & taught me through her great faith and love for her daughter. I am especially thankful for my husband and our daughters and the lessons that I learn everyday because of them. I am thankful that every time I feel like my life is hard, someone is put in my path that makes me wonder why I complain about my trials when they smile through things I couldn't even imagine going through.



Ever since we left the photo shoot, I have felt a powerful change in me. It has made me more determined to make sure that my family knows how much they mean to me. I don't want to take any moment that I have with them for granted.

My husband is leaving for boot camp on July 31, and it is becoming more and more of a reality to me how long he is really going to be gone as the days go by. Thanks to this experience I have been making more of an effort to be a better wife & just forgive him of any perceived wrongs instead of allowing myself to be offended. It has taught me that it is more important to just love than it will ever be to be right. And, most importantly it has strengthened our marriage and brought an added measure of peace to us. Wow, we have also been praying for those things! Its kind of cool how sometimes the answers to prayer come in ways you least expect.

1 comment: