A Dumping Ground For Good Ideas!

Everything That Makes A House A Home!




Wednesday, October 3, 2012

DIY: Turn An Old Cupboard Door Into A Chalkboard!

This was way fun! A friend of mine gave me a bunch of old cabinet doors when she moved. She had planned to do something fun with them but never got around to it! But I did! I turned it into a chalkboard and used it at a wedding reception to welcome guests as they arrived.

The cabinet door was brown. I used Krylon brand spray paint and primer in one in satin finish. It took 3-4 coats. I sanded the edges when it was dry. I taped of the middle part of the cupboard with painters tape and painted with chalkboard paint that I had previously picked up at Robert's Craft. It took 4 coats. I let it cure for 24 hours. Dusted with a light coat of chalk and then was ready to use it!

Find Wreath tutorial here:



 Happy Crafting!
XOXO,
 Amy

6 comments: