A Dumping Ground For Good Ideas!

Everything That Makes A House A Home!




Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kid's Craft: Decorative Twine Vase

I just love how this little craft turned out. It radiates a rugged beauty and charm.
Kids crafts can totally be cute as well as fun!
This was was a lot easier than I though it was going to be.  I am going to tell you how we did it and you can adjust it to fit your needs. (You may want to use a bigger glass bottle, or you may want to boy it up by leaving off the ribbon and fill it with pencils instead of flowers.)
 This is what I used:
*One glass baby food jar. (I don't have a baby who eats baby food any more but all my kids still love to eat these little meat sticks. I save the jars and fill them with jello or use them for other crafts.)
 * A low temp glue gun and glue stick
* A roll of twine, twice the length of your forearm. I got mine at Walmart for $5.
* White ribbon
*Brad embellishment to put on center of the ribbon.

 I put a little dab of hot glue around the very top of the lid and started the first wrap of twine for my daughter. From there, she wrapped the twine around the little jar again and again, and again.
 She was very focused;)

 And very proud of her finished product. I added a little drop of hit glue to the bottom of the jar to secure the twine and a few drops of hot glue in between some of the spaces of twine and secured them together.
 We then tied a ribbon in a bow and I let my daughter carefully put a little drop of hot glue on the center of the ribbon so that we could add the embellishment.

 Ta-dum!
 I really do love how it turned out. I can imagine a shelf filled with vases of all different sizes covered in twine:)
Happy Crafting!
xoxo,
 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment