A Dumping Ground For Good Ideas!

Everything That Makes A House A Home!




Friday, June 28, 2013

Cookies On A Stick! Patriotic Edition!

What happen when a cookie and a lolly pop get married? They have cookie-pops!
What a yummy way to celebrate our Independence!!
You've gotta make these! They are so easy!!

 First of all, I admit that I totally cheated! In our house my husband is the baker and he makes the most AH-MAZING cookies. So I will not even try to compete. Instead I just use the family recipe that My Aunt Nestle Toll House passed down to me. Had he been home I would have sent Aunt Nestle packing.
This is what you need:
Cookies- from scratch or from Nestle
Popsicle sticks (one per two cookies)
2 cups confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted buttered, softened
1 TBL milk
 Make your filling while the cookies are baking:
on medium speed beat together confectioners' sugar, butter and milk until smooth, thick frosting is created.
 Use a few drop sof food coloring to color a bit of the frosting. I didn't measure. I'd say maybe 1/8 of a cup.

 Let your cookies cool completely
 Spread about two tsp. of filling onto flat side of one cookie.
 Press a Popsicle stick into frosting, then sandwich with a second cookie (flat side down). Refrigerate until firm.


 I used skewers and that is why I am giving you the benefit of my mistake you can use lollipop sticks, but I really think Popsicle sticks would work best.
 Tie wit a decorative bow.
 So cute and so yummy!
 Happy Independence Day!
Happy Baking!
XOXO,
 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment